Dualshockers has released a slew of leaked information (via an anonymous source alleged to be from within Activision) about Black Ops 2, including the single player story, multiplayer perks, killstreaks and weapons, information on zombies and more. Oh yeah, and diving to prone is back (awesome). So far the information remains unconfirmed.
“The story revolves two things. First around Frank Woods as an old man talking about his missions with Alex Mason, giving tips on how to defeat Raul Menendez which you flash back to and are able to play. Other part of the story involves Raul Menendez, a terrorist that eventually controls the worlds drone army, starting a world war. Menendez has presence in the flashback missions as well, showing how he rose to power over the years.
Although there is spoilers here, I will not reveal the ending, which sounds pretty damn good from what I heard.
As said in interviews, some of your actions dictate how the game plays out.
Single player has perks, and special ones are ones such as brute force. What this means is through a single player level there are certain areas of the game you can only access if have this perk. This will allow you to break a lock and get special grenades or extra guns for example.
Diving to prone is back.
Nuketown will be back in a futuristic setting.
DLC will be in map packs, unlike MW3.”
- Afghanistan -The level that shows players riding horses in the trailer. This is a flashback mission. Meet up with Chinese soldiers to meet at a Mujahideen base, who are willing to exchange info on Menendez in exchange from helping defend them against a Russian attack. The Mujahideen betray Mason and Woods at the end of the mission.
- Angola – No information given. Rumored to be the first mission.
- Panama – Mission name “Let it snow”. Flashback mission. Takes place in 1989 in the invasion of Panama. Capture dictator Manuel Noriega and plant false evidence to smear his name. Mission ends with the death of Mason. Woods thinks he is assassinating Menendez, but after he shoots and checks the body, it is revealed he actually just killed Mason. Woods is shot and Manuel Noriega escapes. Woods is then rescued.
- Haiti – Possible final level and/or strike force mission.
- Pakistan – No information given. However, speculation about this being a future mission, recording Menendez’s conversation, driving a car, and flying a helicopter.
- Al Jinan – A floating city in the middle of the ocean. Obtain information on a weapon called “Karma”. Go undercover as technicians and even user a remote controlled spider robot to control through vents to gain access to areas of the level. It is revealed that “Karma” is not a weapon, and is in fact a girl. Fight through a nightclub full of people and an outdoor mall. At the end is a choice that will effect later on in the game. Karma is taken captive by enemies and you must stop her from escaping. Use a sniper rifle to either kill or disable her.
- U.S.S. Barack Obama – An aircraft carrier. Menendez is held captive. While he is being interviewed, Menendez escapes while the Cordis Die group attacks. Near the end of the mission, player is able to actually play as Menendez, taking hostages, then escape while shooting gas grenades with a launcher.
- Singapore (Strikeforce mission) – No information. Gameplay demos online show this level better than the info I had available.
- Yemen(Strikeforce mission) – No information.
- Yemen (Non strikeforce, regular mission) – Play as Fahrid, an undercover informant. This mission contains a choice that can effect the rest of the story. Harper is taken captive and Mendez gives you a gun and tell you to shoot him. You can either choose to shoot and kill Harper to maintain your cover, or to shoot Menendez. If player chooses to shoot Menendez, he will grab your gun then shoot the player. Player then plays as Mason. In either decision, Mendez is captured at the end of the mission.
- Nicaragua – Flashback mission with Woods and Mason.
- Myanmar – Obtain a rare earth element from an enemy base. Start the mission in a squirrel suit flying through a rainy landscape.
- Los Angeles – Shown in the E3 demo. Highlights include flying a jet and driving a truck.
Catch the rest of the leaked information at Dualshockers. Once again, this information remains unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt (even if it looks like this is actually true).